We work only with the best quality raw materials and reliable partners. Only borosilicate 3.3 heat-resistant glass from Germany and the EU guarantees that all products comply with EU regulations and standards.
Our glass does not contain heavy metals or other toxic substances, its smooth, non-porous surface is ideal for allergy sufferers.
Trendglas Jena GmbH was the first company to be awarded the European Allergy Research Foundation (ECARF) certificate, a quality seal for our glass jars, based on scientifically tested criteria.
Our company was the first to introduce the ISO 9001 quality assurance system and still uses it as the only manufacturer of laboratory glassware in Hungary.
Our products are made from Duran® and AR-Glas® glass tubes and glass rods manufactured by Schott-Rohrglas, as well as by further processing Duran® and Simax products.
Our products are made of borosilicate 3.3 glass and have excellent physical and chemical features. Only borosilicate 3.3 heat-resistant glass from Germany and the EU is used.
Our glass is highly resistant to water, neutral and acid solutions, concentrated acids and acid mixtures, and chlorine, bromine, iodine, and organic substances. Its chemical resistance is superior to that of most metals and other materials, even during prolonged periods of exposure and at temperatures above 100 °C.
Only hydrofluoric acid, concentrated phosphoric acid, and strong alkali cause appreciable surface removal of the glass (glass corrosion) at elevated temperatures (>100 °C).
81 % by weight SiO2
13 % by weight B2O3
4 % by weight Na2O+ K2O
2 % by weight AI2O3
Hydrolytic resistance class (DIN ISO 719) – Class 1
Acid class (DIN 12 116) – Class 1
Alkali class (DIN ISO 695) – Class 2
The maximum temperature for short-term use for our glass is 500 °C.
Our glass can be cooled down to the maximum possible negative temperature (approx. -196 °C). In general, our glass products are recommended for use down to -70 °C. In practice, therefore, stepwise cooling and heating are recommended.
The physical and chemical features of Duran® glass can be found in the downloads menu.
Our glass products
- are heat resistant (up to 450°C), suitable for use in microwave, microwave grill, dishwasher, and stove,
- are suitable for healthy and safe food preparation,
- are easy to clean and hygienic in use through the pore-free surface,
- offer a variety of application possibilities: baking and cooking, preparing and serving, cooling and freezing (down to -35°C),
- show high resistance to sudden temperature changes with a temperature difference of 150°C (three times as high as normal glass or lead crystal glass),
- are manufactured from clear borosilicate glass which is free of smell and flavor, does not discolor, and shows high chemical and mechanical resistance,
- do not give off any substances and are therefore suitable for allergy sufferers,
- vary well with each other,
- damaged parts can be reordered and replaced,
- come in superior and functional product design for optimal preparation of beverages and meals,
- are most suitable as an individual and creative gift idea.